Junior IT Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 7, 2021 by CV-Library
* Uphold organisation’s core values. Responsible for providing a positive and encouraging atmosphere at all times to ensure all staff work to their best abilities.
* Working with all organisational staff to maintain and develop a positive progressive culture within the business.
* Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations, the company handbook and all other company policies and procedures.
* Support, comply and ensure complicity with the company’s Quality Policy Document and its objectives of delivering a profitable and unrivalled quality service admired by competitors.
* Assist in ensuring all company IT procedures are adhered to.
* To provide 1st line helpdesk support to staff for software issues requiring resolution through the helpdesk ticket system, over the phone and in person.
* To assist with the purchase, installation, configuration and maintenance of IT software when necessary.
* To assist in the production of IT statistics, reports, checklist and other documentation as required.
* To assist in the upkeep of the business IT asset inventory.
* To help maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumable and accessories, raising purchase orders as necessary ensuring that value for money is obtained.
* To set-up, maintain and organise repairs for various IT equipment.
* Changing / updating hardware, BIOS changes, installing OS and virtual machines. This also include any physical network changes.
* Conduct basic Linux / Oracle / Amazon Web Services administration.
* Provide basic end user hardware support (Laptops / Mobile devices).
* Testing of software in controlled, real situations prior to go-live.
* Working within windows terminal server servers.
* Conduct daily check back-up status and change back-up media.
* Diagnosis of connectivity / hardware issues and resolution.
* Set-up new starter accounts across all IT systems as required.
* Ad-hoc travel will be required to other business sites to perform new installs, diagnostics and maintenance as required.
* Search and retrieve CCTV / Phone calls requested by senior business managers.
* Document in full all system changes made by the IT team
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £30k Annual
£20k - £26k Annual
£20 - £25 Annual
£22k - £27k Annual
£20k - £35k Annual