Posted on Sep 7, 2021 by CV-Library
People Source Consulting are looking for a Senior User Researcher, with a proven capability in Managing team Dynamics and over seeing junior colleagues, to pick up a 12 month contract with a well respected, high profile department within Government Digital Services.
Researchers on our team are :
* sensitive and highly ethical in their approach to user research
* adept at communicating user needs to organisational stakeholders
* comfortable with using quantitative and qualitative research methods
* great storytellers and communicators
* very good at collaborating in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment What you will do:
* Scope, plan, conduct, analyse and communicate research
* Lead colleagues to analyse and synthesise research data
* Communicate research findings across the organisation.
* Work closely with product managers, designers and developers to turn user research findings into actions that lead to valuable product and service designs
What you'll have: Due to the nature of our current projects and team make-up at this time we are looking for experienced user researchers already working within multidisciplinary digital teams. If you have transitioned from a different role or digital profession into a user research role, in order to consider your application, you are required to provide evidence of the training that enabled your transition and what demonstrable experience you have gained to date.
While experience of training and working as a researcher in other arenas is valuable in user research, candidates must have a deep understanding of and provide evidence of extensive application of :
* User research methods in product and service development.
* Years of experience of running user research as part of a user-centred design process and will have delivered products and services in Agile environments.
* A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, or related field
* The ability to understand problems to be solved and design and execute appropriate research activities to inform decision-making and facilitate action
* The ability to include many kinds of users in appropriate research activities
* Experience of working with colleagues to plan and do continuous user research in a multidisciplinary team As a senior user researcher, in addition to the above, you'll also have:
* Experience of helping teams adopt user-centred service design and delivery practices and embed them into their workflows
* Experience of advocating for user research and engaging sceptical colleagues and stakeholders
* Expertise in identifying and using appropriate analysis and synthesis techniques, and presenting and sharing findings.
* Proven experience of guiding colleagues in the choice and effective application of research methods
* £550 - £600pd
* 12 month initial contract
* Split of Remote / London working (Mostly remote for the time being)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £36k Annual
£500 - £525 Daily
£35k - £55k Annual
£500 - £600 Daily
£40k - £45k Annual
£55k - £55k Annual