Finance Manager/Financial Controller
Posted on Sep 7, 2021 by Aston Carter
My client, a leading Investment Management Firm, are seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join their UK & Ireland Finance team. The team is responsible for the financial accounting for the UK and Irish operational entities as well as providing financial information, monitoring financial controls and ensuring compliance with the financial regulations of the local regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), The Pension Regulator (TPR) and Central Bank of Ireland (CBI).
- Financial control for 3 legal entities in Ireland, a service company with a growing number of employees, a regulated UCITS management company and a regulated Life Insurance Company.
- Provide support on the UK Life company annual regulatory return.
- Working with risk to ensure that financial risk metrics are established with appropriate governance for the regulated entities.
- Ensuring that local board and regulatory requirements and expectations are met.
- Working with tax to ensure that new transfer pricing is enacted for the additional activity in Ireland.
- Production of statutory report & accounts and regulatory financial returns.
- Provide support on enhancing documented processes and procedures.
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of the transfer pricing agreements with other group companies.
- Control of the Irish Company's balance sheet ledger accounts.
- Monitoring of the Company's solvency and liquidity position and liaising with Treasury and operational areas to manage any potential challenges.
- Liaison with the Company's auditors.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Strong financial reporting knowledge and awareness of current accounting issues.
- Good communicator, able to explain technical and financial information to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Resilience, drive and an ability to probe and resolve issues.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA).
- Relevant post qualification experience in the Life Assurance industry.
- Experience of using general ledgers and other operating systems
- Solvency II understanding
Job Title: Finance Manager/Financial Controller
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Rate/Salary: .00 EUR Daily
Job Type: Contract
Trading as Aston Carter. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. . Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Aston Carter is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.