Desktop Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 6, 2021 by CV-Library
Our prestige engineering client is currently recruiting for the following role:
Desktop Support Engineer - Solihull & Wolverhampton - £23/hr (equiv £15.80/hr net take home) Inside IR35 - 6 Months contract (potential to roll)
As part of the desktop support team you will maintain the network and IT equipment for the client. Our client engineers & designs products for customers therefore ensuring the maintenance of the network and IT equipment is essential. The desktop engineer will have to coordinate with Corporate IT / Site Admin team to resolve issues, prioritise initiatives and planned activities for various teams. The position has a large opportunity for growth and development.
Area of Responsibility
- Detailed understanding of LAN/WAN/VOIP is required.
- Logging and processing of support calls/emails via our ticketing system.
- Planning and undertaking out of hours maintenance upgrades.
- Good working knowledge of Dell/Extreme/Nutanix/Palo Alto infrastructure.
- Carrying out new starter processes, running IT Inductions and training.
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts and maintaining IT stock.
- Maintaining asset records for HAM and SAM compliance, assisting with annual internal and external audits and providing remedial actions to take.
- Administration and troubleshooting of a wide array of video conferencing solutions, Zoom, Microsoft Teams.
- Environment setup configurations based on Automotive OEM standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software issues reported to the Service Desk
- Escalate requests to the respective hardware, software vendors as needed.
- Coordination with vendors / partners for improving services and contracts / relationships.
- Perform daily routine system monitoring and conduct Preventive maintenance to avoid downtime.
- Installation of CAD and engineering applications, Office 365, Windows 10 deployment, Disk Encryption.
- Monitor and remove malware/virus, spyware, and other non-authorized software coordinating with respective team owners.
- Complete special projects as requested to meet guidelines following company infosec compliance.
Experience / Skills Required:
- CompTIA A+ Desirable
- ITIL Qualification Desirable
- Experienced in desktop and network support
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator able to deal with variety of stakeholders
- Flexibility to adjust to dynamic work environment
- The ability to prioritise, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required.
Please note to apply for this position, you MUST have a UK passport / valid UK settlement status or a Visa that does not require sponsorship of any kind.
The services advertised by Premea Limited for this vacancy are those of an Employment business.
Premea is a specialist IT and Engineering recruitment consultancy representing clients in the UK and internationally within the Automotive, Motorsport and Aerospace sectors
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£140 - £160 Daily
£20k - £28.5k Annual
£1 - £30k Annual
£21k - £21k Annual
£22k - £30k Annual
£22k - £24k Annual
£23k - £28k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual