Senior Financial Analyst (FP&A)
Posted on Sep 6, 2021 by Airlines Reporting Corporation
Arlington, VA 22201
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Finance & Accounting
About The Role:
As a Senior Financial Analyst at ARC, you will play a key role in developing the annual budget and maintaining multiple versions of financial forecasts. In this role, you will also assist in developing various financial analyses on corporate financial performance and value in support of the Business Operations, Business Technology and Shared Services organizations. You will also support special projects and create ad hoc analysis and reports for leadership.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Play a key role preparing and maintaining the annual budget and rolling forecasts by working with budget coordinators across the company and by providing input to budgeting and forecasting assumptions. This input may be based on financial and operational analysis that may include transaction volumes, capital needs, cash flows, new product launches, employee capacity/headcount/staffing, and other similar types of information. Based on this analysis, identify opportunities to help business partners meet financial outcomes related to operating plans and departmental objectives/goals.
- Develop and maintain monthly/quarterly corporate financial performance reports and dashboard, in addition to ad hoc financial and operational analysis upon request of management.
- Prepare performance analysis for, and participate in, quarterly corporate financial performance reviews with department and executive leadership; analysis may include, but not be limited to, information relating to changes in the Company's financial position, staffing/capacity, new and/or existing products, marketing activities, and ARC's value for its
stakeholders and the airline industry. Based on this analysis, identify opportunities to help business partners meet financial outcomes related to operating plans and departmental objectives/goals and improve ARC's business value outcomes.
- Lead business case preparation to assess the strategic and financial returns on ARC's key initiatives. This may include building models in Excel used to analyze potential financial and/or market outcomes based on assumptions provided by the organization, and/or acquired/derived from industry and other economic information.
- Develop data integrations in Adaptive Planning or excel models from disparate data sources including ARC's Enterprise Data Warehouse, financial systems (e.g. GP), operational systems (e.g. CRM), and other shared services systems (e.g. HRIS). Also, administer Adaptive Insights by developing reports, managing dimensional information, and managing system/user security
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in budgeting, forecasting, corporate financial reporting and/or data analytics, with knowledge of, and experience with, financial analytics applications and financial data modeling with experience in data acquisition
- Experience developing value statements and measuring corporate value a plus
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office - especially Excel
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning preferred
- Some experience with data warehousing and/or business intelligence applications preferred
- Excellent people skills to work with both Finance and non-finance personnel
What We Can Offer You:
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply