Posted on Sep 5, 2021 by Sares-Regis Group
Newport Coast, CA 92657
Location: US-CA-Newport Beach
Job ID: 2
Sares Regis Corporate Office
Real Estate Accountant Opportunity!
Sares Regis Group of Newport Beach, California, is a privately held real estate development, investment and management firm that focuses on commercial properties and multifamily communities in the western U.S. Since its founding in 1993, SRG has developed and acquired more than $7 billion in commercial and residential assets. The company manages a combined portfolio of approximately 25 million square feet of office and industrial space and over 25,000 apartment units.
The role of Junior Accountant supports senior accounting staff in several general accounting areas including preparing and updating debt/interest and preferred return schedules in accordance with partnership and loan agreements. The Junior Accounting will prepare cash receipts, journal entries, accounts payable vouchers and/or wires, and bank reconciliations. This position is supportive in nature and plays an important role in the daily administration and operations of the Corporate Accounting team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately and timely prepares monthly bank reconciliation of 70+ corporate bank accounts.
- Prepares and updates multiple intercompany schedules ensuring interest calculations are accurate and calculation follows partnership agreements and/or management instructions. Ensures all required information is compiled and documented (e.g. terms and accounts).
- Prepares and updates multiple preferred return schedules ensuring interest calculations are accurate and calculation follows partnership agreements and/or management instructions. Ensures all required information is compiled and documented (e.g. terms and accounts).
- Reconciles multifamily accounts receivables for 100+ properties and multiple general ledger accounts (e.g. payroll, multifamily internal billings, IT internal billings and miscellaneous receivables). Works with multifamily supervisor, senior accountant and administrative assistants to resolve differences.
- Assists in compiling corporate and investment entity tax packages, including debt sections, for submission to the tax department.
- Assists with preparation of company quarterly consolidation journal entries and preparation of lead schedules.
- Prepares and updates depreciation schedules and journal entries in line with company guidelines (e.g. consistent application of accounts and depreciable lives).
- Assists with ensuring cash is posted daily including record electronic wires and book transfers via daily cash receipts including compiling all necessary backup (e.g. distribution calculation, supporting emails).
- Assists with preparation of various journal entries.
- Assists with various accounts payable vouchers, account payable uploads and/or wires.
Education and Experience:
1 - 2 years of Accounting experience, preferably in a real estate setting, and a two- or four-year degree in Accounting or similar discipline from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly intermediate MS Excel skills, Sharepoint, and Teams.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting systems, JDE and MicroStrategy preferred.
Salary is $26.44-$28.85/hour. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(K) match, rental discounts depending on location, rental incentive and renewal compensation, and bonuses. Regular full time employees who work between 30-40 hours a week are eligible for medical, dental, vision, other voluntary benefits and vacation accrual. Sick time accrual is provided in accordance with law.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT:
SARES REGIS CAREERS WEBSITE
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All positions contingent on completion of successful background screen and drug test.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
Newport Coast, CA
Jersey City, NJ
New York, NY
New York, NY