Logistics Engineer III - Security Clearance Required
Posted on Sep 4, 2021 by AVT Simulation
Ready for a culture shock? With a relaxed dress code, flexible scheduling, and an approachable senior management team who are open to hearing your feedback: were not your traditional corporate culture. Operating more like a family than a small business, were continually looking for ways to help our employees, as well as provide a great work environment.
Every day, we get to work doing the same thing as the day before: making the training for our military faster, better, and cheaper. It was true at the inception of AVT Simulation and its just as true today.
Our mission is what drives us to do everything possible to get more effective training to those who need it the most. We do that by building a talented, diverse team that makes a positive impact on our company and our work.Job Summary
The Logistics Engineer III is responsible for preparing and implementing appropriate and operational logistics support and guidance throughout the product development life cycle.Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Prepare Life Cycle Acquisition Strategy in support of assigned training aids, devices, simulators and simulations. Prepare Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP) and fielding plans.
- Prepare and review logistics program schedules and other program management schedules.
- Review and recommend changes to life cycle contractor support (LCCS) work statements.
- Reviews and analyzes system specifications related to logistics.
- Support documentation/publications updates related to logistics requirements.
- Support and conduct ILS analyses and studies.
- Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Complete assigned projects within estimated cost, schedule commitments, and verify they meet or exceed the contractual reliability and performance requirements.
- Supports development and executing of project plans as directed by the Program Manager.
- Works in a fast-paced development environment with the ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Works as a member of a project team to support project logistics efforts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Qualifications Minimum Requirements
- Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Business, or Logistics related discipline. Substitutions: Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements.
- Shall have experience in logistic support requirements from concept through support phase in support of military procurement programs.
- Must have working knowledge of the DOD regulations, standards, and procedures as pertains to logistics.
- Shall have a working knowledge of Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) program, Integrated Logistics Support Plans and Materiel Fielding Plans.
- Must be experienced and have knowledge of contracting for life cycle contractor support (LCCS).
- Must be familiar with the logistics functions and milestones in the DOD acquisition process.
- Must be capable of assisting Logistics Management Specialists in the performance of their missions
- At least 9 years of experience in Integrated Logistic support life cycle planning and execution for DOD systems preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills for documentation, intra-team, and interdisciplinary communication.
- Able to focus on multiple projects at once.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documentation.
- Ability to analyze problems using scientific and logical thinking.
- Ability to operate in a high-paced work environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 10 pounds.Equipment/Software/Tools Used
- Computer, phone, and photocopiers
- Computer operating systems (Linux, Windows, Windows Embedded)
- Software requirements gathering and modeling tools
- Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Project
- A2B Tracking
* US Government security clearance is required and candidate must be eligible.
*Candidate has capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
Founded in 1998 by an engineer, AVT Simulation is an Orlando-based, end-to-end systems integration and full-service modeling and simulation small business. Since our beginning, AVT's highly specialized staff of engineers has included some of the top leaders in the simulation industry. With an average of over 20 years of simulation experience, our dedicated staff provides specialized solutions for customers requiring on point solutions to complex problems.
AVT has always been a company that strives to make a positive difference in the lives we touch. These lives include our employees and their families, our partner companies and their employees, and ultimately the warfighters receiving our products and services. Our core values are so very important to us as a company. They guide us towards success. They make us a great company to work for and a strong partner to work with.
- People First
- Mission Excellence
- Do the Right Thing
People First is our first and most important core value because we firmly believe the success of AVT is directly related to supporting our employees. We have a lot of fun (with regular employee events and engagements), while still working hard to accomplish our mission of serving our military and the warfighter.
We're looking for candidates that embody these core values, know how to have fun while working hard, and think they would thrive in an environment like ours. If you're a self-motivated individual, then come join AVT. Come make your difference.
EOE - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by visiting and follow the instructions at the bottom.
Powered by JazzHR