Manager of Reporting and Analytics
Posted on Sep 4, 2021 by Responsive Search, Inc.
The Manager of Reporting & Analytics is responsible for quality and timely execution of report and data requests. The Manager of Reporting & Analytics is a single point of contact for collaboration between reporting and Corporate Business Intelligence. The Reporting & QA team is responsible for gathering and documenting accurate requirements, development and testing of solutions to meet divisional needs. Utilizes members of the team to collaborate and turn business requirements into scalable functional solutions. The Manager of Reporting & Analytics is the single point of contact to ensure proper prioritization and resource allocation on all Reporting & Analytic requests. Must communicate effectively with internal customers and effectively manage expectations.
- Interact with senior management in designing and deploying reporting and analytics strategy
- Manage roll-out of new reporting technology capabilities into business departments
- Communicate reporting and analytics strategy and report progress to the business customers
- Identify and pro-actively promote technology opportunities to unit management
- Regularly coach and develop each IT team members' abilities
- Allocate resources to assignments by ability to add the most business value
- Supervise the development and analysis resources
- Responsible for the establishing internal controls and data validation procedures
- Lead the process of evaluating, prioritizing and completing requests for new reports or improvements to existing reports with business owners
- Oversee development of quality assurance strategy for each reporting and analytics project
- Explores and evaluate alternative solutions
- Works with developers and members of the enterprise to make sure the business needs and expectations are met
- Review project deliverables for completeness and quality and compliance with project standards
- Ensure staff work is of high quality and meets appropriate standards
Ability to interact professionally with executives, managers and subject matter experts and others in a collaborative team oriented environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or BS in Business or Information Systems. Master's in Business or Information Systems highly desirable.
- 5-7 years' experience with SQL with knowledge of database design, stored procedures and functions
- 5-7 years' experience developing with a reporting tool, preferably SSRS
- 3-5 years' experience self-service reporting tools, preferably Power Bi
- 5-7 years' experience with an ETL Tool, preferably SSIS
- Exposure to one or more programming languages
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in insurance, banking or financial industry with substantial experience working in projects related to database applications and financial and management reporting.
- Experience managing projects and development/analyst teams
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and documentation skills
- Knowledge of basic project management principles and concepts including scope, schedule, quality and risk
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information on medium to large IT projects
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively motivate others and build cohesive teams
- Ability to handle numerous tasks with the ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and delegate
- Communicate estimates on deliverables and have a history of meeting those estimates
- Familiarity with change control procedures, devops, and agile methodologies
- Responsible for supervision and management of a team of developers and analysis. Team size consists of up to five associates or contractors.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$110k - $120k Annual