Big Data Engineer - Kafka/Nifi/HDFS experience (w/m)
Posted on Sep 4, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Big Data Engineer (w/m) vacancy requiring profound Kafka, Nifi and HDFS knowledge for a globally operating Zurich based company in the financial sector.
- +4 years of working experience in Big Data engineering and administration
- Familiarity with planning, implementing, tuning and scaling big data pipelines from the hardware up
- Strong experience with some or all of the following: Kafka, Nifi, HDFS, Spark Streaming, Flink combined with knowledge in Splunk, Salt, MS Azure, Amazon AWS/S3 would be a plus
- Background in Python is preferred as well as in Java, Scala, bash plus the ability to operate comfortably in Linux environments
- Expertise in Web APIs, automation and data-related technologies preferably with REST, JSON, Syslog, TCP, XML and Avro
- Comfortable working with network, data center, and infrastructure teams to optimize the application environment
- Proficient in writing and using REST and SOAP APIs plus experience with containers, container management like Docker, Kubernetes, Linux Containers are desirable
- Languages: English fluent in written and spoken
- Designing, developing and testing big data solutions as well as creating code and configuration to implement product use cases
- Analyzing and integrating data from disparate sources while also analysing and optimizing application performance
- Evaluating and identifying candidate technologies to meet business needs plus documenting test results, designs, and operational manuals for the solutions
- Performing code upgrades in addition to identifying and documenting best practices within their subject matter areas of expertise
- Providing not only continuous process improvement suggestions but also for production operations
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Ref.Nr.: BH 17460
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.