Export Control Classification Specialist
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by ITech Consult
Export Control Classification Specialist for Chemical and Biological Material (m/w/d) - SAP/Pharma/Chemistry/technical flair/English
Project/Role: For our Pharma client in Basel we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Export Control Classification Specialist for Chemical and Biological Material (m/w/d).
The position reports to the Chief Export Control and sanctions Officer/CECO of the Pharmaceutical division. The CECO monitors and implements regulatory changes in the field of export control and sanctions, provides guidance on regulatory license requirements, coordinates global export control activities and also supports daily activities including but not limited to the approval of export/transfer/shipment/provision requests of items, in light of their ECCN classification and the minims US content. The objective of the CECO is to safeguard company assets as per the Roche Code of Conduct and to represent the company's export control and sanctions interest with federal agencies, committees and third parties/contractors. The CECO heads the Logistics Compliance Team, a team of five whose activities all contribute to Roche's overall export control and sanctions compliance.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Correct and complete export control product classification of chemical substances at material number level for global materials
- Embedding and maintaining correct and complete export control product classification of chemical substances in SAP GTS and in other SAP (eg EH&S and EHSM)/non-SAP feeder systems of Roche Pharma
- Alignment with and support to Chief Export Control Officer Pharma to establish, maintain and improve product classification strategy for chemicals
- Act as professional back-up support for product classification experts/PCEs in local exporting affiliates for harmonized US classification and correct interpretation of local export control product classification rules for chemicals.
- Classify every new chemical substance (API, DS, DP, FINP, SEMP, INT, RAW) opened in any Roche Pharma systems against Swiss, EU, US export control product classification rules
- Receipt and processing of material opening workflow
- Understand and assess chemical substance life cycle changes, inform Chief Export Control Officer Pharma about potential reclassification requirements, reclassify chemicals substances based on agreement by Chief Export Control Officer Pharma;
- Support the Chief Export Control Officer Pharma in critically reviewing and assessing Export Control Product Classification information received from external parties for chemical substances
- Connect and translate the chemical substance export control classification onto material number (or other relevant data hierarchy) level, capture export control classification decision on material number (or other relevant data hierarchy) level in the SAP systems
- Ensure complete audit trail of export control classification of chemical substances
- Min Master degree in Chemistry
- Min. 5+ years' experience in Export Control chemical and biological product classification
- Experience in SAP GTS Legal Control Product Classification module as active user
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry and in the material development life cycle from a preclinical to finished good stage is an advantage
- System affinity/Technical flair and ability to adapt quickly to new systems or programs, especially for information databases
- English (min. B1 level) and German is a plus
- Good communication skills and ability to interact internal and external business partners
- Ability and readiness to take reasoned decisions in the field of export control product classification for chemical and biological substances
- Accountability for reasoned export control product classification for chemical and biological substances under the Internal Compliance Program as prescribed by external export control authorities
Nice to Haves:
- Contribute to shaping the Pharma IT landscape relevant to export control product classification-relevant information is a plus
Reference No.: 920615SKN
Role: Export Control Classification Specialist for Chemical and Biological Material
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.