Deputy Branch Manager
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Class Act Teaching Services
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Branch Manager (DBM) in our office just outside of Abingdon.
We are an established, family run business with an excellent reputation as Oxfordshire's leading Primary school teaching agency. This is a position with great job satisfaction and you will feel valued as a part of a great team, being encouraged to contribute and make a difference to the future progression of Class Act Teaching Services.
The Deputy Branch Manager is a key member of the team and will assist in the delivery of our supply teacher service. It is a challenging, but exciting role, which involves daily contact with our schools and teachers ensuring that we fulfil our existing business needs and assisting the Branch Manager to help grow and develop the business further.
Duties for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to emergency, short-term and long term requests from schools
- Deploying the most suitable teaching staff that are available.
- Completing the administration that is associated with the booking
- To assist the Branch Manager and Deputy Branch Manager with the recruitment of Supply Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- Maintaining up to date database records on all teachers and schools
- Attend local INSET and CPD days arranged by the Branch Manager and Managing Director for our supply staff
The position is full time permanent position, all year round, based on a 40 hour week from Monday to Friday; 8 hours per day with an hour for lunch. During school holidays (according to the academic year as set by Oxfordshire County Council) the hours are reduced to a 35 hour week.
The person appointed would be expected to take a share in the shift pattern, one week of working early shifts (7.00am-4.00pm with an hour for lunch) and one week of working late shifts (8.00am-5.00pm with an hour for lunch or 8.30am-5.00pm with 30 minutes for lunch)
Class Act Teaching Services operate an on call system for emergency out of hours bookings. This means calls are taken by a member of the team up to 9pm at night. The successful candidate would be part of the on call team. As an example, if there are 4 members of staff on the on call rota, this would equate to one evening a week and one weekend per month on call. An on call payment of £1,200 will be paid in addition to the basic salary.
The person appointed will be entitled to 25 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays. We also operate shorter working hours during school holidays. See Additional Role Information for more details.
To be shortlisted for this role you must be able to demonstrate that you:
- Are organised and accurate, have attention to detail and able to use your initiative
- Have experience of working at a similar level
- Can be confident whilst working under pressure
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Are able to analyse information and make informed decisions
Place of work:
OX14 4EF - please note the office is in a rural location and not accessible by public transport, but has plenty of car parking spaces available.
Salary is dependent on experience, ranging from £28k - £35k per annum, plus a £1,200 on call allowance. Annual bonus may also be awarded at the discretion of the Branch Manager and Managing Director. This is based on the individual's performance and is made up of 2.5% individual performance and 2.5% business performance.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing Date for Applications : Friday 24 September 2021 at 12 noon
Face to Face Interviews : Week commencing 4 October 2021
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£28k - £35k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual