Desktop Support Technician
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by EXCIS COMPLIANCE LTD
Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland
- Responding to client support requests.
- Contacting clients to find out the nature of the problem.
- Traveling to the client's location or connecting via remote link.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues.
- Advising on software or hardware upgrades.
- Providing basic training on computer operation and management.
- Completing job reports and ordering supplies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Proven work experience as Desktop Support Engineer or Support Technician.
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems, chipsets, memory modules, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
- Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with Third Party Vendors to remediate complex AV issues as needed.
- Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates for all reported incidents.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2010, Cisco Jabber, another authorized desktop application.