Apache KAFKA - Integration Engineer
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Church International Ltd.
Your role as an Apache KAFKA Integration/Infrastructure Engineer is to strengthen the new team and bring KAFKA expertise. The ideal candidate has experience of working with large-scale systems and enjoys solving complex software problems and possesses design and problem-solving skills. Ideally, you have an in-depth understanding of Apache Kafka, and experience with open-source data processing frameworks like Apache Spark, Apache Flink, or Apache Storm. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with other engineers to build a large scale service, and work with senior leaders to define your team's roadmap, including identifying design and code changes needed in the underlying open-source platforms
The main activities include;
- Expert in Installing and maintaining the Confluent Platform components including Apache Kafka, Confluent Control Center, Confluent Schema Registry, Confluent Replicator, and Confluent Security Plugins.
- Experience administering the following Apache Kafka, Kafka Brokers, Zookeeper, Confluent Control Center, Confluent Schema Registry, Connect cluster, etc.
- Good knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Experience with Cloud technologies.
- The role requires 2 days onsite in Brussels (when safe to travel).
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.