Senior EH&S Specialist
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Real Staffing Group
Biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing, acquiring and commercializing differentiated and accessible medicines that address unmet medical needs.
The company has a portfolio of medicines through its orphan, primary care and rheumatology business units. The company's global headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland. They also have office locations in US and Europe. They have recent set up an operation in Waterford and this role will be based on this site.
The Senior EH&S Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining the Environment, Health and Safety programme for the Waterford site. This includes policy development, training of staff, ensuring legislative compliance, SOP development and more.
The Senior EH&S specialist is the key representative on site for all EHS activities, both regarding the ongoing construction, commissioning and qualification effort, as well as the day to day manufacturing which follows it.
The EHS Specialist will report to the Engineering Lead.
- Works with MSAT (Tech Services), Manufacturing and Quality colleagues as part of an Operations team whose shared goal is to realise the safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives of the site.
- Supports capital projects throughout equipment life cycle.
- Develop EHS policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the latest legislation and industry best practice.
- To develop all site safety systems, programmes and standards and to deliver high quality Health and Safety training and technical support.
- Participation in HAZOP execution
- To provide guidance to management and staff by interpreting health and safety legislation, policies and industry guidance.
- Development of systems, programmes and standards to meet the requirements of existing and future legislation and corporate policy standards.
- To ensure company compliance with all Health and Safety standards
- Liaise with onsite security functions, waste handling control and management for hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams.
- Provision of Health & Safety technical advice to management and workforce.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science.
- Further qualification (Masters) in an EHS field ideal.
- At least 10+ years relevant experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, with at least 5 years' experience in a comparable EHS role.
For immediate consideration please apply with an up to date CV. Not sure yet? Would like more info? Please get in touch with me to discuss further.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales