Cognos Reporting Developer
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Base 3
This role is inside IR35 for UK applicants!
- Refine the business requirements to understand the scope of Cognos reports
- Design and develop the framework based on the Data Warehouse or Data Lake tables
- Create an easy to use reporting layer for the end user
- Develop the reports and dashboards requested by the users
- Define the scheduling requirements for the reports
- Ensure a full testing of the frameworks, the reports and the dashboards
- Prepare the deployments & installation instructions for the developments
- Support the users in their development and usage of the Cognos reporting tools
- Your main responsibilities will be to handle Business Intelligence developments; based on your in depth knowledge of both Business and Business Intelligence you will act as catalyst in order to identify pragmatic solutions.
- You will identify the right balance between Cost and Quality/Completeness.
- You have technical skills and a good business understanding/interest
- You master IBM Cognos suite
- You have practical experience of several applications developed using these tools
- You also master the basics of dimensional modelling.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence methodology and agile development methods such as SCRUM is clearly an asset.
- Experience in Power BI as a clear plus.