Oracle Database Administrator
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by The Hartz Mountain Corporation
Hartz has been a leading brand in pet care for over 93 years. The Hartz brand has a high consumer awareness level and is considered one of the most trusted brands in the US. Hartz holds category leadership position in most categories in which it competes, including Wet Cat Treats, Flea & Tick treatment, Dog Pads, Natural Dog Treats, Grooming, and Toys.
At Hartz, we truly understand the important relationship between consumers and their pets, and we provide products that make this relationship more rewarding and fun. We emphasize category driving innovation to stay on the leading edge of superior pet care - so all pets can have a healthier, happier, and longer life!
As a team, we strive to support one another in all that we do and we look to hire associates who enjoy working cross-functionally and are passionate about pets.
The role …
The Database Administrator provides application and data administration support for all the Hartz Enterprise Systems which includes software installation and upgrades, database design, data analysis and planning, security administration, and the development of application enterprise standards and documentation.
Your responsibilities …
- Data Administration and support of all databases and physical design ensuring performance, availability, and security.
- Configuring database parameters and defining data repository requirements, data dictionaries, and warehousing requirements.
- Implement approaches to improve database performance, capacity, and scalability.
- Capacity planning for continued expansion.
- Monitor, identify, and diagnose system issues that occur in production and test environments and troubleshoot root cause.
- Application Administration for the Hartz Enterprise Systems
- Software installation, upgrade, and maintenance.
- Evaluates new releases of Oracle E-Business Suite and its tools to ensure upgrades take place with minimal impact.
- Controls deployment of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the full development life cycle.
- Develops and enforces application standards to ensure proper integrity, performance, and security.
- Create documentation (Playbook) for project implementation production deployment.
- Security Administration for Hartz Enterprise Systems
- Provides technical support to the application teams
- Immediate response to emergency outages
- Provide on-site and off-site technical support/troubleshooting.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of servers, databases, and key enterprise applications.
You'll have …
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of experience and specialized training.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Database Management, Database Architecture and Resource Management.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in Physical Database Design, Performance Tuning and Security Management.
- Windows, Linux, and UNIX Operating System knowledge.
- PL/SQL knowledge.
- UNIX Shell Scripts knowledge.
We offer …
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits package, generous PTO, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, and more!
- A casual and friendly work environment
If this sounds like a good match and you want to learn more about this exciting role, get in touch with us today!
Hartz is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.