Technical Information Security Consultant
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
Technical Information Security Consultant required for a market-leading insurance firm. The focus of the role is to support the security function in providing security services to the business and facilitating Information Security strategic change. You will be involved in technology changes, programmes & projects, platform structure, network updates, shift left initiatives, changes to InfoSec consulting, security tooling and more.
- Analyse HLD & LLD to understand risk mitigation and design of controls
- Perform threat modelling
- Perform risk assessments
- Build component playbooks and give consultancy advisory against InfoSec delivery
- Assess the maturity of the team (people, process, tools & technology)
- Advise on how security and SIEM tooling links up and adheres to a specific practice
- Advise on tooling such as anti-virus and endpoint protection to ensure they are correctly implemented and aligned
- Advise Security Engineering teams to mitigate risks on new change initiatives such as introducing new test environments, new testing scopes and new testing processes.
- Scope and advise on red team testing (what good looks like, targeting specific points in a solution and ensuring no business disruption)
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP/CISM/CRISC/CEH. You will have expert technical knowledge in information security and have a proven track record in a similar role. Strong knowledge of GCP is essential (GCP certificate is preferable but not essential). Some knowledge of Python will be highly beneficial. Experience within financial services is desirable but not essential.