Development Lead (.NET OR Java) - remote - work from home
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Easton Haines Consultancy
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LEAD .NET OR Java (remote working from home)
The Software Development Lead role:
- Assisting the Head of Product Delivery in leading the Software Development Chapter within the Bespoke Products Tribe.
- Acting as a point of contact for all aspects of the Software Development Chapter.
- The Software Development Lead (Chapter Lead) is accountable for leading and inspiring the bespoke development chapter in achieving delivery goals and meeting expected performance levels.
- The Software Development Lead (Chapter Lead) is responsible for developing a team strategy to meet the needs of the Bespoke Products Tribe which includes the continual development of the Software Development Chapter through personal development, upskilling, recruitment and succession planning.
- Working as integral member of the Software Development Chapter, developing, implementing and maintaining motor insurance-based products
KEY DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES:
The role requires the job holder to be able to demonstrate a good mix of the following technical attributes;
- Previous experience of a people management role within a software delivery environment.
- T-shaped skills and experience - In depth skills and expertise in either .NET or Java/Spring Boot Microservice solutions with a broad knowledge base across multiple technologies and languages to be able to lead the Software Development Chapter on deliverables outside of expertise.
- Experience of implementing and consuming RESTful web services.
- Experience in using version control systems such as Git.
- Experience of database design and implementation.
- Experience of TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) practises for the purpose of unit and acceptance testing.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD concepts and using tools such as Jenkins and DevOps Azure.
- Previous experience of working in a variety of delivery methodologies, specifically in an agile environment (eg SCRUM and Kanban).
With the following attributes being advantageous;
- Previous experience of working in an insurance environment
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift containerisation
- Exposure of working with Cloud technologies such as Azure.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in the context of growing delivery capability and improving performance.
- The confidence and ability to motivate and inspire a team including coaching and mentoring techniques
- Openness to constructive feedback in a positive manner with a view to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times.
In return you will receive a salary of between £50,000 and £60,000 per annum plus an excellent benefits package and a great working environment although this role offers the opportunity to work mainly from home with some office based days.
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.