Security Architect - Process Control Networks
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Barclay Simpson Recruitment
Security Architect required for market-leading oil and gas firm. The role will be centred on supporting design and implementation of an enterprise network monitoring solution for Process Control Networks. The Security Solution Architect will have responsibility for the solution architecture (both functional and technical). He/she will also be accountable for all the process related aspects of architecture, which include formal engagement with the project manager, project lead architect, and the project team members, adoption-of and compliance-with the Architecture Common Process (Architecture Quality Plans, Design Reviews, etc.) and the delivery of all the required architecture artefacts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the high- and low-level architecture design and implementation.
- Responsible for the creation of the architecture quality plan which defines the content, scope, and objectives of the architecture activities for the project.
- Creates all conceptual, logical, and physical architecture deliverables documented and agreed to in the architecture quality plan.
- Produce and maintain all architecture artefacts including vision, principles, constraints, standards, high- and low-level design etc.
- Ensure that organizational standards, security solutions/methods and architectures are followed to mitigate security risks.
- Ensure that proposed high level and low-level designs adequately mitigate identified information risks.
- Create technical implementation plans needed to install security solutions in process control environments.
- Act as a point of contact for any technical issues within the project.
- Interface with architecture, network, operations, and business stakeholders to ensure that proposed designs address organisational needs.
- Build effective partnerships with vendors, peer architects, DS&R teams and Operational Service lines.
- Work with the technical engineers during the full implementation life cycle and help validate and install the solution.
- Knowledge and experience with industrial control systems and networks.
- In depth knowledge of networking devices such as Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Routers, Switches, TAPs etc.
- In depth knowledge of networking protocols HTTP, VOIP, TCP/IP, NAT'ing etc.
- Good understanding of network cabling eg, copper, fibre, and their characteristics.
- Hold CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or similar Network/Security certification.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, OSI and Purdue Reference Model concepts.
- Hands-on experience with network devices (Switches, Routers, Firewalls, ect.) in a process control environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills across IT and process control network disciplines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to analyse complex technical issues and provide options to overcome challenges.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability and drive to own and deliver a project work package within minimum guidance and support.
As an ideal candidate, you will have an industry certification such as CISSP/CISM/CRISC and SABSA/TOGAF and have expert knowledge of Security Solution Architecture & Network Security. You will also have a proven track record of delivery in a similar role. Experience in network monitoring and Process Control Networks is essential.