Software Asset Manager
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
I'm currently working alongside a global IT Consultancy recruiting for a Software Asset Manager for a large insurance company based in Norway.
Role: Software Asset Manager
Employment Duration: 6 months + Extendable
Location: 3 days on-site/Remote (Malmo Sweden)
Start Date: ASAP
Language Preferences: Nordic and native/fluent English speakers
As a Software Asset Manager, you work closely with Service Managers and other functions to ensure new contracts and renewals are completed in a timely manner following agreed protocols, at the best possible terms. You ensure continual software license compliance and manage the financial risk of SW license in compliance for all IT entities and support the organization to manage their systems more efficiently and reduce cost, and promoting the harvesting of existing resources.
- A strong understanding of data-centre and application infrastructure and how it relates to complicated metrics from software vendors
- Understanding and experience working in an environment that utilizes cloud-based infrastructure and how that may affect vendor licensing models.
- Knowledge and previous experience of working with a SAM tool
- Understanding of financial concepts and practices as they relate to software license and contract management
- Experience with software life cycle management processes.
- Experience with planning and executing software audits to verify and enforce compliance.
- Strong analytical, research, organizational skills, and attention to detail, as well as the ability to multi-task and operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and translate high-level business requirements to software requirements.