Direct Support Professional (DSP) Site
Posted on Sep 3, 2021 by Rise, Inc.
At Rise, we believe that everyone deserves opportunities to live a life filled with purpose and pride. In our employment, housing, and life-enrichment services, we support people to set and achieve their personal goals. As a nonprofit, every Rise team member is driven by our mission. That shared commitment is the foundation of a workplace that embraces a culture of learning and growth by offering extensive training, competitive salaries, and a fun work environment. We are an inspiring leader in disability services that wants to make a real difference in people's lives!
Hiring Bonus $1,000 (paid after 3 month work anniversary)
Our direct support professionals (DSP) advance the work and social skills of people with traumatic brain injuries or intellectual and developmental disabilities. As a Level II Site DSP, you will work side by side with persons served and provide job coaching, supervision, and positive reinforcement within a production setting.
- Provide supervision and training for persons served on work skills through coaching, positive reinforcement and personal example.
- Continually inspire personal growth in the people you support by establishing and achieving personal goals and implementing person-centered practices
- Maintain quality and production levels required by business partners
- Daily documentation on outcomes and progress of people served with contact notes and entering of payroll into database
- Participate and promote workplace safety procedures for yourself and persons served
- Serve as a Rise representative and provide information and education to community members within the sites you work
- Provide daily transportation of persons served in Rise vans and buses, as needed
- Hardworking, flexible and ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Patience, kindness, and organizational skills
- Open to or experience working with people with disabilities
- Maintain calm demeanor in handling occasional difficult situations
- Independent and flexible to changing work demands
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds daily
- A valid driver's license and compliance with Rule 11 and MVR background check required
- Relevant experience is helpful but we are willing to train the right person!
- Starting: $16.00 per hour, Depending on qualifications
- No evenings or weekends
- Medical insurance - single employee coverage less than $90/month
- Dental insurance less than $17/month
- 401(k) with a 100% vested employer match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at 16 days per year, plus paid and floating holidays