Lead Cyber Defense Analyst - Remote Contract
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by Masento
Working for one of the leading international consultancies in the world, you will lead the delivery of Managed Detection & Response services to keep their clients safe from cyber harm and enable your colleagues to excel in their field of work.
For the role of Lead Cyber Defense Analyst, you should have:
- The desire to work with your team, being able to take the lead but also to collaborate;
- The urge to find hackers and other types of criminals inside computer networks;
- Passion and ambition to analyse potential breaches and eagerness to expand and share your knowledge with your colleagues;
- The skill to communicate on a technical and business level with your colleagues and clients;
- Worked with common SOC technology in the past and know how to make best use of these tools, such as security tools from Splunk, IBM, Palo Alto, Microsoft, Google amongst others;
- An open character which allows you to be an example to your team members and challenge the status-quo in how daily operations are performed;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, incl. working as L3 in a SOC environment.
What will you be doing?
- Leading detection content engineering;
- Leading threat hunting teams that proactively scan our clients' networks for indicators of possible cyber-attacks;
- Leveraging cutting edge technology in the field of SIEM, EDR, NTA, UEBA and SOAR;
- Being a sparring partner for our team on daily basis as our champion of security analysis;
- Preparing and facilitating pizza sessions on tools and attacks for our team of SOC analysts;
- Closely working with our European SOC of over 200 cyber experts, from which they serve around 200 European clients with a very large and broad spectrum of Managed Security Services.
- Getting the chance to work closely together with our skilled red team and experiment on the latest attack and detection techniques;
- Running proof of concepts on new tools and embedding them in our daily operations.
This will eb an initial 6 months contract working remotely with travel to various client sites decided on by yourself if you deem it suitable to travel.
If interested and would like to discuss in more detail then please apply with an updated version of your CV.