PR Senior Specialist - EMEA, London
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Role: PR Senior Specialist - EMEA
Duration: 4 Months
Location: London, UK
What you'll be doing...
The PR Senior Specialist will play a key role in building awareness and implementing the EMEA PR strategy that creates favourable brand recognition for Tableau and our mission, vision, and values. This role will work closely alongside the global communications team and the EMEA regional marketing team and senior leadership, reporting to the EMEA Corporate Communications Manager.
This person will help to develop and drive an impactful proactive communications program focused on PR and Executive Thought Leadership Communications. The PR Senior Specialist will be a driven communications professional who is not only able to adapt, but thrive within a fast-paced working environment.
Some of the things you will be doing include...
- Create and deliver impactful proactive public relations campaigns to increase brand awareness and reputation in-region
- Taking responsibility for media relations, stakeholder briefings, facilitating interviews and networking for company spokespeople with regional and in-country media in Tableau's core markets
- Lead EMEA PR Agencies in Tableau's core markets: develop and drive PR campaigns, in line with marketing and global communications priorities to deliver strong coverage and awareness results
- Oversee the execution of the Internal Communications program, working closely with the Communications Associate
- Work closely with the EMEA Corporate Communications Manager, the Global Communications team, the Regional Marketing team, and the wider Client Communications teams to create an impactful regional Communications strategy that drives awareness for Tableau in the media, on our owned channels such as blogs and through our regional executives
- Partner with local EMEA Field Marketing leaders to develop and deliver communications plans, providing strategic guidance on PR
- Collaborate with customers and partners to learn more about their use of Tableau and identify key opportunities to participate in EMEA communications plans
- Support the EMEA Corporate Communications Manager, as a trusted advisor to regional Tableau spokespeople ( EMEA lead & Country Managers), preparing them for media interviews, speaking opportunities and advising on content for PR and executive communications activities
- Collaborate with Client EMEA PR teams to ensure alignment of media strategy and identify joint storytelling opportunities
- Ensure communications strategies are informed by solid data analytics
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
- Develop and manage communications programs that position Tableau as a Great Place to Work to current and prospective associates.
Who you are...
- You have extensive experience of managing regional proactive public relations programs across multiple regions/markets, ideally within an agency environment and/or experience within the technology sector. Strong public relations skills are required including experience of the broader corporate communications spectrum
- Ideally a bachelors degree in Business or Communications; or equivalent experience
- Excellent organisational, coordination, planning, and project/program management skills, along with a strong work ethic with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and a solution based approach to challenges
- Demonstrated ability to deliver creative and innovative ideas
- Experience using technology that supports building, planning, and executing communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills. French or German fluency would be beneficial but are not essential
- You will be highly analytical with strong problem solving abilities, and a self-directed and resourceful nature