Client Relationship Manager (Accountantcy)
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by CV-Library
Job title: Client Relationship Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holidays: 25 days
Salary: To £40k d.o.e.
Benefits: 3% pension contribution & Excellent benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Client Relationship Manager for their Business Services Group, the role will report directly to the company directors, and represents an integral part of the business.
The role will also encompass completing work required by clients including, but not limited to, the preparation of accounts, VAT returns, tax returns for Limited companies, partnerships and sole traders.
They also have responsibility for managing a portfolio of clients which will require regular meetings, and liaising with various departments in relation to managing client matters.
A client relationship manager serves as a liaison with the firm’s clients, developing relationships, providing guidance and advice and ensuring all of the clients’ needs are being met. This can involve arranging resource and staff for the assignments.
* Ensuring all deadlines are met for every type of work for that client
* Regular contact with clients to remind them of their compliance responsibilities
* Being proactive to “add value” in our service delivery
* Managing WIP and dealing with client billing
Business Development responsibilities
* Working with the directors and other managers within the company to look at ways in which we can achieve our growth targets.
* Regular attendance at local networking events. Establishing own reputation as a professional adviser within the local business community and building own network of contacts and referrers of work.
* Meeting potential clients, establishing their business needs and demonstrating how the company can not only assist them but also add value.
* Cross selling of additional services to existing clients.
The successful Candidate:
* Fully qualified with a recognisable accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA) or similar level experience
* Experience with accounts preparation from prime records to completion
* Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
* Thorough knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards
* Experienced in dealing with clients face to face
* Knowledge of accounting software packages such as Iris, Xero and QBO
* Strong computer skills, particularly Excel
* Spends time creating a personal experience for the client and building relationships
They will relish the prospect of working for a fast growing firm, in a very busy and challenging environment, and will have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain relationships within the team and across all the departments of the firm, and with clients, contacts and referrers