Knowledge Systems Manager
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by CV-Library
Can you help us get the message out about Net Zero?
Our client based in central Birmingham is one of the government Catapult’s – it was set up in 2016 to accelerate the transformation of the UK’s energy system and ensure UK businesses and consumers capture the opportunities of clean growth.
They currently have around 200 employees and are expanding at a rate of around 10% per year.
The Catapult works with several local authorities playing a key role in helping local areas achieve climate, economic and social outcomes and benefits.
As Knowledge Systems Manager you will be responsible for the technical support, design and delivery of knowledge platforms and systems for multiple customers and internal / external stakeholders.
* Deliver effective knowledge systems to the programme and its customers and stakeholders, aligned with user requirements and market needs.
* Support and advise on a suite of tools and platforms that work together to deliver a tailorable range of knowledge services to meet customer requirements
* Develop specifications for tools, systems and platforms and work with the Catapult digital resources to cost and deliver in line with budgets set.
Key Work Activities
* Work with the knowledge and product team to review requirements and product logs to help plan developments in support of the Catapult’s knowledge goals
* Lead on the design and development of solutions to meet knowledge sharing challenges
* Work with other teams to implement and administrate knowledge platforms
What Credentials are we ideally looking for ?
* Leadership potential, excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, with the ability to listen, engage and persuade and to present complex information in an accessible way to a range of audiences.
* Enough breadth and depth of knowledge systems to contribute to knowledge exchange programmes and to the design of knowledge exchange activities.
* Motivated and enthusiastic and shows evidence of potential to initiate original ideas.
* Ability to work independently and can plan and manage own workload
* Good honours degree in a discipline relevant to systems design, deployment, and management or a demonstrable combination of education, training and experience appropriate for the position.
* Experience of writing funding proposals, systems specifications and project plans, and a track record of leading the development of successful proposals.
* Ability to excel in a rapidly growing, fast-paced organisational environment.
* Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ability to work effectively in line with changing priorities
* Able to work with complexity and face paced change, in a technical environment
* Innovative and creative thinking and the ability to articulate this thinking
* Follows good process and discipline in performing complex tasks.
* Highly structured, numerical & logical - able to develop and implement delivery plans, and budgets
* Strong data gathering and analysis skills through consultation, questionnaires and workshops
* Experience of developing projects with multiple participants including work package definition and commercial terms
Additional Skills / Experience of Value to the role
* Knowledge and experience from the energy sector, possibly gained in an adjacent sector such as ICT.
* Experience of or exposure to Local Authorities and their work and structure. Ideally experience of providing solutions to Local Authorities or their partners.
* Thinks strategically: Understands the internal/external environment impacting future business direction. Clarifies critical priorities to create business value. Assesses potential risks.
* Genuine, demonstrated interest in innovation
* Willing and able to travel around the UK and overseas as required though the role is based in Birmingham.
Candidates will obviously have a passion for the use of renewable energy !!
The role is based Birmingham and we envisage that that you would be expected to attend the office one or two days a week with the rest working from home, it’s an agile working pattern you can pick your hours as long as the work gets done!
Salary is around £42,250 plus benefits.
To find out more or for a confidential chat - please send your CV to Gary Simpson