Senior Container Platform Engineer
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Container Platform Engineer Senior
In need of a platform SRE type with Linux administration skills, Python, on prem VMware, CI/CD and as much containerization as possible.
The container platform engineer builds and is responsible for the primary platform services needed to meet the full life cycle of container platforms and ease consumption of those Platform services for our community of 20,000+ developers, devops teams. Working as a member of this small, agile team of highly skilled Architects and engineers.
- Design, implement and operate container services platform with a focus on integrating these platforms with other tools using good Continuous Integration (CI) and continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Uses automation to make your job more efficient. You have an obsessive need to automate. You are offended when you have to do anything manually more than once.
- Is meticulous and cautious. You identify and consider all risks, and balance those with performing the task efficiently.
- Analyze, diagnose, replicate, solve and resolve technical issues reported by customer using the PaaS and CaaS platforms.
- Write maintainable reusable software and always think self-served from consumer perspective.
- Advance unresolved issues that require more in-depth knowledge in a timely manner
- Take ownership, handle and maintain status on support requests from the business unit customers
- Report and submit product defects and work with other engineering groups to triage customer/business unit issues
- Build and peer review knowledgebase articles and product documentation
Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelors degree or high school diploma/GED
- 1 year hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one public/private IAAS provider (Azure, Amazon, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba or VMWARE)
- 1-2 years' experience building and Maintaining Container Platforms
- Minimum of 5 years of Infrastructure background (sys admin)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operations and/or Systems Administration experience, particularly on UNIX/Linux and Windows.
- Strong networking fundamentals. You understand TCP/IP, subnetting and the difference between socket and connect timeouts, routing & DNS
- Knowledge of distributed systems (Windows and Linux) and virtualization software (VMware)
- Able and willing to work on call will be required from time to time