IT Construction Manager
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
Company seeks a qualified and ambitious IT Construction Manager to assist with implementing their information technology footprint in newly constructed and renovated buildings as a part of their continuous growth in Southeastern United States. The IT Construction Manager will be responsible for implementing company's Information Networking Technologies and technology product solutions that support multiple Operational divisions in their efforts to deliver patient care. Will work closely with their IT Networking and Hardware teams, operations teams, planning and development, key business partners, national system integrators, cabling vendors, CCTV providers and others to plan and implement their defined IT Readiness Footprint in newly constructed and renovated buildings.
The IT Construction Manager will execute the project plan to size and manage the delivery, turn-up, testing, training and sign-off networking distribution infrastructure, networking appliances, end-user voice and data solutions, security systems, CCTV solutions, business applications and a wide spectrum of Health Care specific technologies. The role is responsible for communicating project status and key details, monitoring success metrics, and deploying change through effective planning, communications and relationships.
The right candidate is an ambitious initiator, detail oriented, can operate independently, works well with a variety of personalities, and actively pursuing answers and innovative solutions.
The specific scope of work for this 70% travel position will be focused on technology implementation in new construction and major renovation environments in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
The position will start off as Contract and then will convert to Permanent after 6 months.
- Partner with IT VP of Project Management to understand critical business objectives and implement system solutions in support of the overall Program and Technology Strategies.
- Conduct site audits and preparedness surveys in support on new build, remodel, and other site IT Readiness Initiates. Provide detailed status and progress reports. Define issues and risks that may impact project scope and schedule.
- Timely completion of assigned project initiatives
- Facilitate meetings with on-site partners and external partners to understand obstacles and ensure system solutions meet defined IT Readiness Objectives.
- Make recommendations and provide input based on IT and business requirements
- Communicate system solution benefits, progress, and updates to a variety of audiences via written, visual, and verbal presentations and training.
- 70% travel to company locations in southeastern United States
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Low Voltage Wiring - Knowledge & Experience
- Familiarity with basic networking.
- Computer/Networking Experience - Infrastructure & Applications
- CCTV, Camera, Access Control, Thermal Imaging Cameras Functionality (Preferred)
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Report writing. Advanced Visio and Excel.
Minimum Experience Required:
- 5 years of experience in a technology setting working with cross functional teams.
- 3 years of experience in a network cabling environment.
- 3 years of experience in vendor relations.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor of Science
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.