Freelance Java Developer - Brussels/Liege - English speaking
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by Energize Recruitment
Energize Tech are currently working with a large media company in Belgium who are searching for a freelance Java Developer to support their major project.
Key info below:
- Immediate start dates
- 6-12 month contract with possibility of extension
- 500-600€/day rate all inclusive
- English speaking, Dutch or French is an asset
- 100% remote during Covid, based in Liege/Brussels post-Covid with a 50/50 remote working regime
The Software Engineer develops software modules and interfaces (API). Taking advantage of his/her experience, he/she participates in the different steps of the development process: analysis, technical specification, design, development, unit testing, technical documentation, and maintenance. The Software Engineer is able to work closely with peers in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Analyze and review product requirements, and discuss the technical feasibility
- Build technical design proposals
- Develop new software components or modify existing ones
- Participate to peer code reviews
- Plan, define and perform unit testing
- Create or maintain technical documentation
- Integrate individual software components developed by yourself and other members of the development team
- Solve defects reported in the defect tracking system
- Maintain existing applications
- Identify risks and discuss them with the Quality Control department for building adequate test plans
- Make work estimates for the tasks assigned to you
- Follow the companies software development process (Source Control Management, Defect Tracking, Coding Rules, Continuous Integration)
- Identify and propose process improvements
- Engineer, Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university)
- Experience in Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience in Java/Spring Boot
- Experience with Web Services and related protocols (HTTP, REST, JSON)
- Experience with distributed environments, microservices and Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with both Linux and/or Windows OS
The following technical experiences are not mandatory, and will be considered as an asset:
- Experience in containerized environment (Docker based)
- Advanced understanding of network protocol stacks (TCP, UDP, RTP, unicast/multicast, ...)
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development practices
- Test driven development and familiarity with developer driven automated testing
- Achieves high-quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
- Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
- Focus on quality, detail-minded, willing to take care of customer point of view
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious and communicates well about initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; response properly, reports on time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- High-stress resistance; does not give up in crisis situation; does not lose control under pressure
Does this sound like a match?
If so, please apply with your most up to date CV and we can arrange a call if your profile fits.
If you're not currently available but know someone who may be looking for their next assignment, please forward this on and ask them to reach out.
We look forward to hearing from you at the soonest!