Master Maintenance Technician
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by Walgreens
Under the direction of Distribution Center (DC) management, leads and performs maintenance of facilities and equipment to maximize Operations performance.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Prioritizes and coordinates work assignments for Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians to ensure critical work assignments are completed correctly and on a timely basis.
- Coaches Senior Maintenance Technicians/Maintenance Technicians through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of good maintenance practices.
- Directs, schedules and performs:
- preventative maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material-handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance on high-tech automated equipment.
- Directs and uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)-generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Maintains a safe work environment by documenting and correcting potential safety issues concerning material-handling equipment or distribution center facility.
- Must be willing to be certified as a first aid responder.
- Associate's degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology AND at least 3 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment OR at least 5 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 years' experience with industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors.
- At least 3 years' experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC )logic principles.
- At least 3 years' experience uploading and downloading Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), System Control Software (SCSs), and scanners.
- At least 3 years' experience with electronics such as photo sensors, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), remote Input/Output modules (I/Os), servo drives, and variable frequency drives.
- Willing and able to climb to the 100-foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation.
Preferred Qualifications:At least 1 year experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.