Rent Review Surveyor (Part APC / Recently MRICS)
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by Primary Health Properties Plc
Primary Health Properties (PHP) Plc is a specialist Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) investor in modern purpose-built primary healthcare properties (i.e. GP Surgeries / Medical Centres) in the UK and Ireland. The REIT has 519 properties under management valued at £2.7bn. The team's remit is to run the REIT's rent review and valuation activities and is now growing to include providing portfolio analytics and measurement to provide insights that could help drive superior performance for shareholders.
As a result of the continued growth of PHP, an exciting and dynamic new opportunity has arisen for a rent review surveyor to join the existing team. The purpose of the Rent Review Surveyor is to undertake core day-to-day functions of the department's remit on behalf of the PHP REIT. You will report to the team's Director.
Role & Responsibilities
- Covering a regional patch, the case management of the rent reviews with full responsibility for the oversite and performance of the external appointed rent review agent (who undertakes the negotiations) to ensure reviews are settled in a timely manner and at an open market rent.
- Liaise with the wider rent review team on rental growth performance and KPI review of our external rent review agents.
- Calculating and analysing with internal reporting the REIT's ERVs at the rent review date and OMR at the bi-valuation dates.
Required Skills & Experience
- Recently MRICS or part APC.
- Experience in undertaking commercial rent reviews is essential.
- No healthcare surveying experience is required, presenting an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in moving into the increasingly popular healthcare real estate sector.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Team player with exceptional people skills.
- Experience in undertaking Red Book valuations is desirable.
- Experience in using a property management database (e.g. Landmark) is desirable.
Remuneration package to be agreed, in line with current market practice (Start Date - ASAP).
Please click to register and formally apply, or email your CV without registering to: