CHEMICAL HYGIENE OFFICER
Posted on Sep 2, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
Our client, UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp. is searching for a Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO) to join its team of knowledgeable, successful professionals in the paving materials industry.
The Chemical Hygiene Officer has responsibility for safety, quality, and environmental items system-wide. This role is also responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and revision of the Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP). The CHO serves as point person for the product roll-out process by considering safety implications, developing procedures, and QC requirements. The CHO will ensure proper compliance of UNIQUE's QC standards and objectives and will collect, analyze, and summarize information and trends related to materials used and produced.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage safety programs and training,
- Conduct regular inspections,
- Develop and maintain laboratory facilities and equipment,
- Chair the safety committee,
- Manage Safety Data Sheets (SDSs), and
- Administer the quality database
To qualify, candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical, engineering, or safety field and five (5) years related experience. Will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer aptitude (spreadsheet, presentation, and database skills)
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead projects and/or teams
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured through the company's insurance provider
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Ability to access production/inventory locations via ladders and catwalks, work in a laboratory environment, and lift/carry up to 60 lbs. of materials
UNIQUE Paving Materials Corp. is the industry leader in high-performance asphalt roadway repair material with customers in the private, commercial and public sectors, in both national and international markets.
This well-established company provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, life, short-term disability, vision discounts, 401(k) plan, FSA and voluntary dental.
Equal Opportunity Employer