QA & Release Management Lead
Posted on Sep 1, 2021 by SpotMe
Curious about the future of event marketing?
SpotMe is the event management platform for B2B marketers. With over 2 million users and 400+ customers, G2 and Forrester say we are one of the key contenders in the space. Brands like SAP, Pfizer, and KPMG use SpotMe to drive demand, build connections and grow revenue. Our software powers virtual events, webinars, and hybrid meetings with apps, video, attendee engagement, and analytics.
Behind the magic stands a curious, diligent, and humble team with over 30 nationalities. A team that feels a deep pride in the work they do, a team that cares for each other, and a team that always chooses to play the next game.
- Lead and grow a team of QA testers and automation engineers that are responsible for the testing and quality of our entire platform. This includes our SpotMe Backstage, a powerful and sophisticated content management system, our end user-facing mobile and web applications as well as the overall performance of our SaaS platform that supports thousands of concurrent users accessing the platform at the same time.
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to plan and schedule minor and major product releases.
- Introduce new testing processes and enhance the existing ones with the goal of constantly increasing the overall quality of our platform and product.
Reports to: the VP of Engineering
Location: 100% remote
- Manage and build a team of talented QA testers that includes manual testers and test automation engineers.
- Define and own SpotMe's quality and release management standards and ensure they are met for each release
- Own the release management process and ensure that the SpotMe QA standards and requirements are met for each release.
- Work with product and engineering to effectively plan testing and releases according to sprint plans and roadmap.
- Constantly improve our QA processes to ensure the stability and quality of our product releases are increasing over time and that is delivered to 2M+ users annually
- Use data to identify areas of the product that would require more testing or specific tests and cycles
- Demonstrate creativity and take initiatives to improve our product's test coverage and methodologies
- 5+ years of experience as a QA engineer for a product development company with a SaaS track record and end user-oriented applications on iOS, Android, and web platforms
- Experience in managing and scaling a multi-disciplined QA team
- Excellent knowledge of software lifecycle and release management
- UI test automation experience, both on the web and mobile is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English is written and verbal communication skills.
We are in hypergrowth mode and with demand exploding, we are rapidly scaling and expanding our teams. If working with us in shaping the future is the opportunity you are looking for, we want to talk to you. Our Work From Anywhere approach enables maximum flexibility for all our talents.
SpotMe recruits, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental status, or veteran status.