Associate, Climate Risk - Sustainability Consulting
Posted on Sep 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting JLL as they look to add to their Climate Risk capabilities…
JLL's sustainability consulting business, Upstream Sustainability Services, is the UK property sector's leading sustainability consultancy. We use our sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients within the real estate sector to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment. You can see our track record and our ambitions at: The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to high-profile clients, collaboration with highly engaging and supportive colleagues and support from a wider business with an unrivalled commitment to sustainability.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. As a Fortune 500 company, working across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 80,000 individuals, the firm helps organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
At JLL, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you'll be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours.
We are looking for an Associate, Climate Risk
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation - from identifying, assessing and managing climate risk, responding to the best practice recommendations of The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and ensuring our clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
What this job involves
▪ Pivotal role within the climate risk and TCFD service line taking multiple clients through the climate risk management and TCFD implementation journeys
▪ Developing approaches to help our clients understand, manage and report on their climate related risks in line with the TCFD framework
▪ Senior project management of climate risk and TCFD projects managing time, budgets, resourcing and delivering effectively for our clients
▪ Senior client account management working to grow and expand our retainer clients
▪ Business development for climate risk and TCFD services and a wide range of Upstream services to existing and new clients
▪ Supporting to develop, shape and enhance our service offering for clients
▪ Providing well-crafted recommendations and action plans and bringing the climate risk management plan to life through engagement with the client's internal teams, their property managers and contractors.
▪ Contributing to the management of the climate risk team and resourcing
▪ Engagement across JLL business lines to increase awareness on climate-related risks and support the upskilling of internal and external teams
▪ Engagement across JLL to cross-sell consulting services
Sound like you? Our expectations are that you will have most of the following:
▪ A good understanding of key sustainability issues for real estate including, but not limited to; climate related risk, Net Zero Carbon, Science-based targets, TCFD, UNPRI, GRESB and strategic carbon reduction plans
▪ Experience in undertaking climate risk assessments or developing TCFD disclosures for clients
▪ Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
▪ Strong account management skills and building successful client relationships
▪ Experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior business leaders, one-to-one or in facilitated workshops
▪ Experience working with corporate clients, commercial property, and property and asset managers
▪ Excellent ability to build relationships with clients and their internal teams
▪ Experience working in a collaborative way with clients and other stakeholders to develop ambitious and robust sustainability programmes
▪ Awareness of the developments of the carbon-related legislative landscape, and experience in helping clients respond to these
▪ Attention to detail and accuracy in written and numeric work
▪ Team-oriented with proven ability to lead and foster good working relationships, and to promote team development and individual growth
▪ Ability to obtain buy-in and engagement from employees at all levels
▪ Passionate about working towards a sustainable future
▪ Relevant degree and/or masters
What you can expect from us
You'll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together. As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL's D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
To apply please contact Lewis Davey on or email