Housing Energy - Net Zero
Posted on Sep 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Housing Energy - Net Zero
Passionate about developing net-zero energy strategies? Want to work on exciting projects? Be at the forefront of the net-zero carbon/energy transition in the UK's housing and public sectors?
Lewis Davey is excited to be working with a global organisation that is passionate about making the difference; a dynamic, innovative, and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Lewis Davey is assisting our client, as their specialist sustainability and energy team is growing in response to rising demand from social housing providers and public sector organisations. Lewis Davey is recruiting for individuals at Consultant, Senior Consultant or Principal Consultant level.
Our client is working with Local Authorities and Housing Providers across the UK to develop sustainability and energy strategies, addressing the EPC band C and net-zero carbon targets. As organisations progress through their planning cycle to implementation our client provides technical, programme and project management support to deliver their projects.The specific roles will be shaped around the individual skills and experience that you bring, with a range of opportunities from developing net-zero energy strategies to project delivery support on some of the UKs most innovative, market shaping projects.
Role (not necessarily all in one person)
- To support the analysis of housing providers and public sector organisations' asset data to benchmark current energy performance and develop investment scenarios to reach energy performance and net zero targets
- To support social landlords and public sector bodies through the delivery journey of their net-zero strategies and investment programmes, including: awareness, interest, business case, decision, procurement, build phase, monitoring and close
- To support development and delivery of low carbon / net zero building retrofit projects
- To support/manage client and partner relationships
- To support the growth of our energy service, the wider Sustainability Team
What you will need to succeed
Our client is looking to add a range of skills and experience to the team, not necessarily all in the same individual, including:
- Organised approach to project management
- Ability to understand and interpret data driven carbon and asset planning, turning data into realisable projects and programmes
- Strong relationship management
- Positive, creative approach
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Social landlord/public sector experience and expertise: asset management, finance, development (ideally with specific experience of managing/coordinating capital spend and retrofit projects)
- Construction and manufacturing sector experience
- Construction contract management experience
- New build housing development experience (for potential growth of the role)
- Ability to review, analyse and benchmark energy and carbon performance;
- Ability to identify potential technical solutions;
- Retrofit Coordinator training or other similar energy related qualifications and awareness
If this sounds like your next career step and the opportunity to working a growing and leading company appeals to your career aspirations, the please get in touch today
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.