Associate Director Sustainability - Utilities Sector
Posted on Sep 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Do you have experience of sustainability across the utilities sector? Have exposure to water, bio-diversity net-gain and broader sustainability across real estate / land? Lewis Davey is delighted to be recruiting a Senior Sustainability Consultant to focus on delivering sustainability consultancy work largely across the utilities sector.
As a specialist Utilities Sustainability Consultant, you will lead on key deliverables with regards to environmental and sustainability activities across utilities sector occupier services clients. This role will have responsibility for expanding the client base and driving sustainability work with a broader base of utilities sector clients.
The successful candidate should have a holistic knowledge of sustainability CSR and wider environmental, social and governance issues for the built environment. This should include experience in the UN Sustainable Development goals, ESG strategy, environmental management, energy management, waste initiatives, water management, biodiversity, ISO 14001, behaviour change, sustainable procurement, green leases, and environmental compliance/due-diligence.
You'll be required to provide services including but not limited to;
• Drive and support environment and sustainability business growth within the utilities sector.
• Actively participate in business development including attending pitches, providing content for RFP responses and representing the business as required.
• Provide sustainability expertise to internal utilities sector teams with regards to sustainability property requirements.
• Support utilities clients to integrate environmental, social and economic considerations into their facilities operations, products and services as required
• Manage, drive, coordinate and champion new innovations in sustainability projects and occupier mandates - which may include energy management, waste management, water management, biodiversity etc.
• Direct management and delivery of consultancy projects required to achieve client goals.
• Provide general sustainability advisory including, but not limited to, green leases, pre-acquisition due-diligence, asset disposal, transaction and agency sustainability advisory.
• Setting objectives and targets and driving the implementation of action plans and roadmaps for clients to generate measureable improvement.
• Developing client decarbonisation pathways supporting commitments and pledges to Net Zero Carbon.
• Demonstrating good understanding of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, with a particularly deep understanding of Affordable and Clean Energy, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action, Health and Well-being, Reduced Inequalities, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Sustainable Cities and Communities, Life on Land and Industry Innovation and Infrastructure.
• Supporting utilities clients in driving efficiencies and better working practices e.g. Reduction in energy bills, stationary and paper use, waste collection costs, staff travel etc.