Town Planning Manager
Posted on Sep 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
Job title: Town Planning Manager - Infrastructure - Birmingham and Milton Keynes
A leading infrastructure specialist company are seeking a Town Planner to join their Midlands based team. They are working one of the most sought after infrastructure projects in the UK, managing town planning activities across the West Midlands area and Warwickshire.
You will act as the client lead for planning consent applications, providing advice on a range of legislative, development and planning policy related issues associated with the construction and operation of high exciting net worth projects. The role of the department is to coordinate planning, develop the design and support implementation of the four year project.
* Advise on Development Consent Order / Transport and Works Act Orders and planning applications under the Town and Country Planning Act and General Permitted Development Order processes and programme, and risk implications associated with these.
* Assist in the programming, preparation, review and submission requests for approval in accordance with Schedule 17, working as part of the main works Integrated Project Team and with engineering and environment teams, consultants and contractors as required.
* Manage, engage with and advise contractors on the preparation of planning material for consents packages, for example enabling works, main works, rail systems, and works outside of Act limits.
* Engage with local planning authorities on town planning matters associated with Schedule 17 and planning application submissions.
* Support with emerging business needs, for example assisting in design panel reviews, local technical engagement panels and local public engagement activities.
* This role will work within the Infrastructure Team, with responsibility for leading on town planning matters primarily within the West Midlands and Warwickshire area, but may also involve responsibility for further afield managing wide planning tasks.
Criteria and Experience for role
* To build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholder
* Negotiate the successful delivery of consents with local planning authorities
* Advise and produce documents and reports to a variety of clients and colleagues, including internal and external stakeholders at various levels
* Guide on the production of drawings and supplemental planning information relating to planning submissions
* Knowledge of UK Planning Policy and legislation and an understanding of Environment Impact Assessment Legislation.
* Project or programme management processes and successfully managing a varied caseload of applications or projects.
* Town planning experience through infrastructure planning, and multi-disciplinary projects and/or dealing with major planning applications under the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
* Experience of different planning regimes including the Planning Act 2008, The Transport and Works Act 1992.
* Working and building relationships experience, with multidisciplinary project teams, and internal and external stakeholders.
* Supporting by providing planning advice to delivery partners.
* Working across a multi-contractor/multi authority environment.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Tom Howell on or
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.