Ecology Team Leader
Posted on Sep 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
Job title: Ecology Team Leader
Location: North England/Scotland
Salary: 50,000 - 65,000
Our client, a reputable multi-disciplinary consultancy, is looking for a highly skilled Associate or Associate Director Ecologist to manage their Northern Ecology team from their Scottish or Leeds offices.
You will provide technical support to Northern ecology team, as well as managing the staff in your base office and wider locations. The ideal candidate will have a track record in winning work and developing client relationships and will assist in the growth of the current workload. The successful candidate will be expected to have a demonstrable history of managing and delivering a wide range of ecological services across a variety of sectors.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
* Reporting to the Environment Business Manager and Board
* Responsible technical delivery, management and financial performance of Northern Ecology team
* Promote excellence in survey skills, report writing and mapping, including taking the lead in one technical area of the ecology business
* Provide expert advice and technical support to the Northern Ecology team
* Become an integrated member of the UK ecology and wider multidisciplinary teams
* Take a lead in winning work and complete monthly financial milestone tasks
* Engage in business development activities and strategies to grow current order book
Qualifications / Experience:
* Relevant degree education and membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. CIEEM or CEnv)
* European Protected Species (EPS) experience
* Holder of Natural England licence and the ability to devise survey strategies, develop mitigation approaches and lead EPS licence applications from beginning to end
* Experience of preparing mitigation method statements, drafting applications and holding EPS licenses for a range of species
* Experience of leading/ completing Ecological Impact Assessment and/ or Habitat Regulation Assessments.
* In-depth knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
* Good project management, financial and business acumen
* Proven experience of leading, managing and mentoring a team of ecologists
* Full driving licence
This is a unique opportunity to grow and develop an already established ecology team further by having full autonomy on where to win new business, who to recruit. It pays a highly respectable salary and offers a seat at the top table of the service line to influence the direction of travel of the northern team and wider ecology division.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact Ben Quilter on or