Senior COBOL Applications Developer/80% REMOTE
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by ESG Consulting
- Associate Degree in Data Processing or equivalent
- At least 5 years full life cycle software development experience with Cobol accessing DB2 databases in an IBM zOS Mainframe environment, using checkpoint/restart techniques for batch applications. Software development experience must be current (within the last year) and must be in support of a large-scale, complex application system
- At least 5 years experience with relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components, and complex SQL accessing a large, complex application database (on the order of 700+ tables, 8000+ columns, 400+ relationships, 1 Billion + rows).
- Experience must be current (within the last year).
- Experience working as part of a large (40+) software development team using structured procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with oncall production support of a large, complex application including the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes.
- Experience with the following software support tools: TSO, Abend-Aid, File-Aid, QMF/SPUFI, Xpediter, IDCAMS, DB2 Load/Unload, Syncsort.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively, regardless of audience.
- Strong collaborative skills, service oriented, and strong interpersonal skills with various levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong analytical skills that include working directly with business staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
- Strong organization, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 2 years experience as an applications developer with team responsible for any government Child Support system
- Experience with IBM/DB2 database tools and UDB.
- Experience with DB2 Stored Procedures and triggers.
- Working knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Office (Including Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook) and Niku Clarity Workbench
- At least 1 year managing small to medium projects or components of larger projects.