Network and System Administrator
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Network and System Administrator
Our client is a South Dublin Hospital with teaching and technology programs linked to two of Ireland's most prominent medical universities. As one of Europe's most technologically advanced Healthcare Facilities, they enjoy a reputation for clinical excellence, high quality healthcare and state of the art facilities.
They are now looking for an Information Analyst to play a key role in their upcoming expansion plans. Reporting to the Director of IT, the Clinical Analyst will work on the implementation, integration & ongoing support of all clinical applications within the Hospital.
With an exceptional working environment, superb scope for career progression and unmatched exposure to innovative medical technologies, this opportunity also offers a highly competitive salary, with generous benefits including health insurance, pension, and significant career support incentives.
Key Responsibilities of role:
- Maintains network and server performance by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Project and problem management, including effectively identifying and communicating goals, risks, stakeholders, timelines, options, and costs
- Upgrades Servers and network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Maintaining and monitoring of backup system for a variety of installations
- Configuration and maintenance of systems hardware/software and related infrastructure.
- Ensure system hardware, operating systems, software systems, security tools, web-Servers, email, antivirus, PCs, local and wide area networking both hardware and software systems adhere to organizational values.
- Maintaining, upgrade and troubleshoot MS Exchange environment
- Maintain and deploy systems in a Windows and Linux environment
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Maintain network Servers such as file Servers, VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer Servers, desktop computers, printers, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, phones, pagers, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Maintain and manage enterprise networking (Extreme, Layer2/Layer3, VLAN networking)
- Maintain and upgrade Telecommunications and voice communications technologies
- Manage the storage environment: EMC/HPE Nimble or similar SAN, NAS, and related storage technologies (eg, fibre Switches).
- Maintain and manage Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS administration and troubleshooting
- Manage Windows Update Server (WSUS) for pushing out updates to clients
Essential Candidate requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One or more of the following certifications; MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCA, VMware, or CISSP preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of routing and switching with a CCNA certification
- Proficiency in VMWare administration, Windows Domains, Linux and Mobile Telephony
- Experience in analysing customer solutions, plan and implement through to delivery.
- Project experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and deployment.
- Provide accurate information at an appropriate level of complexity to staff in order to facilitate understanding and effective use by network/systems users.
- Provide a high standard of customer service and follow through staff inquiries and questions from commencement to resolution in a timely and professional manner.
- Plan and manage their own work in a complex, changing environment in order to meet set objectives and deadlines.
- Building and executing project plans working closely with customers and IT to understand and manage project expectations.
- Contribute to the success of the team by developing and utilizing effective lines of communication with other members and providing support to others as needed to ensure cohesion and consistency in approach.
- Provide advice (knowledge transfer) to the customer and partners. These will include support groups in the Automation, Local and Enterprise Applications & Infrastructure space as well as vendors and consultants from an external perspective who support many of the systems
- Prepare documentation and training to support IT and related processes.
- Ability to support a 24x7x365 operation, including participation in monthly maintenance patching and updating activities.
Important - A key responsibility of this role is the supervision of the Hospital's IT = helpdesk to cover annual leave and provide On-Call IT support on a rotational basis.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or send current CV along with brief cover letter to (see below)