SAP DATA MIGRATION LEAD
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by LCA Consulting Services
SAP Data Migration Lead
In the role of a Data Lead, you will anchor the engagement effort in the data migration area for assignments, all the way from business process consulting and problem definition to solution design, development and deployment. You will be pivotal to problem definition and discovery of the overall solution and guide teams on project processes, deliverables. As a thought leader in your domain, you will be the key advisor to architecture and design reviews. You will anchor business pursuit initiatives, client training, in-house capability building. You will have the opportunity to shape value-adding consulting solutions that enable our clients to meet the changing needs of the global landscape.
- Define the overall data migration strategy from Legacy systems to the ERP - includes master data and transactional data.
- Determine data scoping rules and identify what data will be migrated vs. archived.
- Meeting with stakeholders to identify and data migration requirements. (Scoping)
- Define data migration tools and processes needed for a successful ERP cutover.
- Implement tool to measure data quality and provide business teams with required anomaly reports to assist with cleansing.
- Proactively identify opportunities or obstacles concerning obtaining the data needed by the business and communicate these to the data quality team.
- Communicate data gaps along with potential solutions to address these gaps to the Solution Architect or the Implementation Lead while keeping other stakeholders fully informed.
- Participate in data migration solution testing and validate that the data migration solution satisfies the business requirement in collaboration with the Functional and Business teams.
- The Data migration specialist should ensure that the extraction of the data from source systems fields and subsequent movement to the target fields are performed correctly and ensure the transformations or other business rules applied to the data are performed correctly.
- Define cutover strategy and mock cutover plans to enable the business to simulate what to expect during a ERP cutover.
- Reviewing existing migration tools &providing recommendations for improving the migration process.
- Monitoring and reporting about data management process activities and data quality metrics.
- Ability to understand business process-driven data requirements and build solutions thereon.
- Experience with ERP data migrations in large enterprise organizations
- Experience with modern ERPs such as SAP and Oracle.
- Solution finder, utilizing strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of data management process activities and data quality metrics.
- Excellent written communication skills to authoritatively clarify governance topics.
- Thorough understanding of integrated business process concepts such as Purchase-to-Pay, Order-to-Cash, Forecast to Delivery