Linux System Engineer - Integration/Automation(w/m)
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Linux System Engineer - Integration/Automation/Scripting vacancy for our Bern based client in the telecommunications sector.
- Working experience as DevOps Engineer or System Engineer with a background of 9+ years in Linux operation
- Expertise in continuous integration and delivery, automation, and Scripting with Python, Go, Bash, Jenkins and Ansible
- Strong knowledge of SQL as well as of operating distributed systems and databases such as Druid.io
- Practice with microservice architectures, Kafka, REST, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowhow in monitoring and performance tuning of software applications and data pipelines using Grafana, ELK and Splunk
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Ensuring system engineering and DevOps for data pipelines, Pivot and Druid with a cluster of 200 nodes running on Kubernetes
- Executing performance tuning on the system including Kubernetes, Linux, JVM and in the Druid.io system
- Optimizing and tuning the complete architecture involving Kafka, Kubernetes, CEPH, HDFS and further
- Implementing deployment automation and CI/CD as well as GitOps resilience using Ansible, Go, Bash and Python
- Improving the reliability and monitoring of the service using Prometheus, Grafana and Clarity
- Contributing to the architecture of the future AWS cloud setup and implementing the service on the cloud
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.