Business Analyst - REMOTE - initial til 31JAN - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "Business Analyst" to start ASAP an initial contract until 31 JAN 2022 (extensions possible)for an international Org' -client in ROME, where 100% REMOTE work is possible. Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability. English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
In 2016 our UN-client launched a web-portal, predominantly for the use of external users (the borrowers and projects of UN-client) as a Front End on the Loans and Grants system (Flexcube). The initial functionality allowed borrowers to submit and approve requests for draw-downs on loans (withdrawal applications) on-line with the UN-client review and approval also taking place within the portal. Users can also access and download reports and documentation relevant to the loans and grants of the borrowers.
Since then, the functionality has been expanded to include a module for the registration and reporting on contracts as well as various functionalities associated with loan administration. There are currently over 2,000 users in 88 countries in the world using the web-portal in 3 languages (English, French and Spanish).
Commencing in September 2021, two significant developments will be taking place:
a.) An end to end procurement process which will allow users to:
- create and manage a procurement plan;
- record all the steps in each procurement process, with expected and actual dates;
- generate requests for UN-client's no-objection for the plan and the individual steps in a procurement activity;
- access dashboards and generate reports to facilitate the monitoring of the implementation of the plan
b.) Amendments to existing functionality:
- Change the withdrawal application workflow to introduce a new role and remove a role
- Implementation of new features and fixing of bugs for financial execution module
- Development of User Management reports to facilitate the process of certification of users
- New features for internal users to facilitate the processing of transactions with non-country grant recipients
- Improvements to existing reporting in OBIEE to support the monitoring of disbursements
A phased approach will be adopted to the implementation to allow all functionality to be released gradually.
The Business Analyst will be required to work on the detailed functional requirements for the new functionalities to be implemented. In particular, the Business Analyst will be required to:
- Obtain an overall understanding the business requirements by reference to the high-level requirements which have already been prepared;
- Organise and lead meetings with stakeholders (including the development team) in order to expand the high-level requirements into functional requirements which can be provided to the technical team for development.
- Liaise and negotiate with stakeholders to facilitate communication and to resolve any disagreements on the functionality.
- Analyse data to support decisions made in the determination of the requirements
- Propose solutions to issues encountered based upon best practices taking into consideration budget constraints
- Document in English the detailed functional requirements including the preparation of process diagrams and/or flowcharts, mockups, use-cases etc.
- Review a minimum viable product and provide feedback to developers in an iterative approach to the development.
- Act as a liaison point between the developers and the stakeholders to clarify and issues or ambiguities
- Review the acceptance tests associated with the acceptance criteria
- Assist in developing test plans, creation and maintenance of configuration documentation, operational procedures and guidelines, identifying and documenting issues, recommending resolutions
- Perform other tasks required for the success of the programme and as determined by the Project Manager
- A university degree in business administration, ICT studies, Finance, Procurement or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience. It is preferred that the candidate is able to demonstrate experience in:
- business systems analysis or relevant experience in Banking operations or in International Financial Institutions;
- creating functional documentation such as business requirements, use cases, mock-ups etc.
- execution of test plans and test scripts for software applications, document expected results vs. actual results, and record software defects
- Experience as Business Analyst in the implementation of large-scale projects and multi-year transformation programs.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development methodology and corresponding concepts related to user stories, acceptance criteria
- Ability to translate business requirements to functional specifications
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think out of the box' for process improvements
- Experience with financial process analysis and financial system implementation
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Superior writing and editing skills in English
- Expert skill in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in the use of process mapping tools such as Modern Requirements, Blueprint, Microsoft Visio etc beneficial
- Familiarity with the United Nations common system or international financial institution is desirable
- International experience working in several countries;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
AWARD & OTHERS
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for off-site work.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.