Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by Access Group
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- You are an accomplished Senior Quality Engineer who's equally comfortable writing code as coaching peers and junior members of the team.
- You take pride in your work and the work of your team, ensuring that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
- You demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan QE sprint/release activities, prioritising your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals.
- You display ownership, responsibility and good decision-making.
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- You demonstrate a clear passion for quality being applied throughout the SDLC.
- You have the capability and motivation to enable the Automated Testing to embrace a more engineering focus.
- You have direct experience working with delivery pipelines, contributing to a shared codebase.
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of the difference between functional and non-functional test types, and equally you can demonstrate knowing where and when to apply them.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Coach team members to become technically proficient with our Test Automation frameworks
- Work within a Scrum team, delivering high quality software focused on Test Automation.
- Take ownership for enhancements to our Test Automation frameworks
- Actively contribute to refinement, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Identify and remove technical debt from the Test Automation frameworks
- Create relevant test documentation.
- Carry out manual testing activities when required.
As a well-rounded Quality Engineer, your Skills and Experiences will include:
Technology & Tools:
- An OO language, ideally C#
- REST API test automation
- GRAPH QL
- UI (User Interface) test automation
- Continuous Testing within a pipeline
- Jenkins/Azure DevOps
- Git-based Source Control
- Gherkin and Cucumber libraries
- Data driven testing.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain.