Customer Renewals Manager
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by Access Group
** This role can be based remotely anywhere in the UK **
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Renewals Manager is responsible for improving customer renewal rates across a £300m+ ARR customer base through improved and longer commercial relationships with customers.
This includes hiring and leading a team of Renewals Managers/Specialists that will drive improved commercial terms across our customer base at scale. The key measures of success of the role include increasing customer renewal rates, standardising renewal terms and increasing contract lengths, net retention/customer expansion rates and enhancing the customer experience across Access divisions.
The role requires a strong commercial focus, analytical mindset, relationship building and people leadership skills.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Renewal revenue quota: Responsibility for Access Software maintenance and cloud subscription renewal contracts, revenue, and renewal rates for assigned territory.
• Transactional sales: This sales role is highly transactional, with hundreds of renewals to collect quarterly.
• Increasing the renewal rate: Ensuring high renewal rates and can speak to the value Access Software will bring to organizations by understanding strong product positioning and pipeline management skills. Collaboration across the organization to develop strategies, retain existing client base and maximize revenue growth.
• Pipeline management: Tightly manage the renewal sales cycle including selling against cancellations, assisting customers through the sales cycle, and updating the CRM system according to documented processes.
• Forecasting: Awareness and accuracy of pipeline; comfortable with accurately maintaining a forecast of all renewals within assigned territory.
• Customer check‐ins: You will periodically check in with large customers throughout their contract period to ensure the health and adoption of the account, whilst leading the Renewals Management team to scale this across lower value customers, with a focus on driving an improved customer experience throughout the lifecycle.
• High sales activities: High‐volume of outbound and emails each and every week, as part of annual renewal process. In addition, identifying potential upsell opportunities within an account.
• Access product knowledge: Strong understanding of Access Software products, with the ability to identify upsell opportunities including training and services to ensure customer success.
As a well-rounded Commercial Renewals Manager, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Build and manage a team of renewal specialists
• Background in software renewals preferred
• Previous experience in Sales and Customer Success/Maintenance Renewals.
• Working knowledge of Salesforce.com would be an advantage
• Able to evidence of strong resilience and objection handling
• Strong leadership, communication. Provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Able to inspire the team achieving consistently results through excellence
• Excellent time-management skills to prioritise actions in a fast-moving environment (Done today better than perfect tomorrow).
• Concise and focused communication style (written and verbal).
• Able to have immediate credibility with peers at board level (not having to grow into the role).
• Ability to make decisions in complex and ambiguous situations
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to successfully multi-task
• Strong Power user skills in Excel and/or Tableau and SFDC.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we're all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you're qualified, we can't wait for your application.