Posted on Aug 31, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
Michael Bailey Associates is currently looking for a Kafka Engineer for a banking client based in Basel.
This is a 6 monthly contract with the possibility of further extension.
The role is to develop a data transfer backbone to support event processing and streaming, which in turn supports multiple projects that aim to modernise the Bank's data management infrastructure, including:
- Building a new modern data warehouse and data lake architecture
- offering innovative data lab environments for self-service analytics
- enhancing capabilities to support machine learning and AI use cases
- Design, implementation and maintenance of an enterprise installation of Kafka
- Participating in the creation and execution of data governance, including message design, schema validation, and versioning
- Working with developers from other business unit technical teams to assist them in implementing functional solutions using Kafka
- Supporting the establishment of a platform SLA, including defining non-functional requirements
- Working with networks, data centre, and infrastructure teams to optimize hardware solutions for the installation of Kafka
Coree skills and experience:
- Profound experience in designing, implementing and maintaining Apache Kafka in a big data environment (ideally as part of Cloudera Data Platform distribution)
- Stream-processing systems: Kafka, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience in designing and developing high-volume mission-critical transactional data integration solutions
- Knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
- Big data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, etc. (move from desirable to core skills)
- Object-oriented/object function Scripting languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Proven experience in designing Middleware message governance, topic subscription and management, including schema validation and version compatibility
- Agile methodologies like Scrum
- Knowledge of Service-oriented architecture and experience in API creation and management technologies (REST, SOAP etc)
- Willingness to learn and work on the infrastructure (Ansible) and DevOps part (Added)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.