Software Support Specialist
Posted on Aug 30, 2021 by Civista Bank
This position provides technical assistance to our internal teammates through the support and administration of the Jack Henry banking system, Deposit platform processing system, Teller platform processing system, and Loan platform processing. Often assists with a variety of Microsoft software user problems and other ancillary applications. Demonstrates Civista Bank's mission to improve the financial lives of our employees and shareholders to make a difference in the communities that we serve.
Key Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Respond to help desk tickets, telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical software support. Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Maintain regular contact with the Software Support Manager regarding the status of projects and daily activities/problems.
- Maintain significant interaction with senior officers, loan processing and loan officers as well as the deposit operations personnel. Interact with the compliance department on regulatory requirements and the impact they have on potential system changes, so as to provide balance between operating ease and bank/customer interests relating to the areas of loans, deposits and retail operations.
- Serve as the contact person/liaison between the Company and our vendor Jack Henry Systems.
- Perform and monitor changes made to Jack Henry system parameters, processing calendar, etc.
- May develop queries and Cognos reports in the Jack Henry system for various departments.
- Maintain user authority and rights in Jack Henry system and other ancillary systems.
- Troubleshoot personal computer hardware/software problems.
- Informally train/support Company employees on Jack Henry applications and ancillary software.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Three to five years in program troubleshooting, basic programming, preferably with Jack Henry systems applications.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in information technology or systems analysis.
- Solid knowledge of all programs within the Jack Henry core system is preferred
- Familiar with a variety of banking concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Critical information-seeking skills needed to trouble-shoot problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated, independent judgment, thoroughness, accuracy, and organizational skills required.
- Work may involve eye strain due to the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports.
- Work involves sitting for long periods at a time.
- Work involves being able to concentrate on the matter at hand, under sometimes distracting work conditions.
- Work involves reading, hearing, speaking, listening, typing and ability to communicate in a professional manner, in person, via telephone and via email.
- Work involves lifting and moving files or equipment of up to 40 lbs.
- Work involves travel to attend meetings, trainings, branch visits, and so forth.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: Equal Opportunity Employer EEOC M/F/D/V
This Position Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.