Senior Java Software Developer
Posted on Aug 28, 2021 by Hypori
Austin, TX 78759
Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Contract Status: Immediate Hire
How would you feel if your day job was making the world a safer place? People at Hypori know this feeling as they build new technology for highly secure mobile communication. Hypori is a class-leading Virtual Mobile Infrastructure platform that secures remote access to private data and resources. We are a small team that punches way above its weight. Every team member is important and expected to bring new ideas freely to ensure that Hypori remains a world-class product and continues our growth as a world leader in simultaneously providing mobility and security.
Hypori has an immediate need for a Senior Java Software Developer in our Austin, TX office.
As a valued member of the technical staff, you will collaborate in our full agile software development process, including troubleshooting, design, coding, and testing bug fixes and new functionality. You will implement automated unit and integration tests as you go to preserve and improve product quality.
You will code primarily in Java and will leverage the Spring Boot framework and other open-source technologies to produce the microservices that power Hypori features.
You will deliver code through an evolving CI/CD pipeline to on-prem and public cloud deployments.
You will work on a small team to solve large problems that require serious initiative, critical thinking, eager collaboration, informed risk-taking, and clear communication.
WHAT YOU ENJOY
- Full-stack Java development
- Working in Linux on backend server needs
- Designing and implementing RESTful services
- Debugging problems in a distributed system
- Making complex systems scale better
- Securing communication channels
- Collaborating across functional areas
- Ownership, leading and mentoring
- 6+ years of experience producing software for release to commercial customers
- Proficiency in developing high-quality Java software
- Significant Linux server development experience
- Significant Spring / Spring Boot experience
- Track record as a self-starter
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Understanding of virtualization technology
- Understanding of SOA / microservice architectures, including:
- High-availability and fault-tolerant service configurations
- How to create stateless services
- Experience with non-relational databases such as MongoDB
- Basic knowledge of secure communication concepts
- Additional desired skills:
- Cloud-native application development
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Performance testing / engineering
- CI/CD pipeline development
- User authentication
- Identity management
- Working knowledge of certificates, PKI, and encryption protocols
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Ability to take ambiguous requirements and develop a solid solution
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, startup environment
- Day One benefits package of an established company
- The perks of an Austin startup, such as free snacks, soda, coffee, and a relaxed office
- The opportunity to work on cool technology with brilliant people
- Breakfast Taco Fridays