Posted on Aug 28, 2021 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
England, United Kingdom
Hours: Part time, three days per week, 8am - 4.30pm
Location: Waterbeach, Cambridge
Water is a precious and vital resource used by us all in our homes and businesses daily. At South Staffs Water we deliver high quality and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge, delivering exceptional levels of customer service and great value for money.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Cambridge site for a Dispatcher. This is a key role ensuring our field teams have the right work at the right time to maintain our assets to the highest standard. You will use Maximo to build and release work for field teams, establishing resource capacity against demand requirements, and build an efficient plan for the teams to complete. Most importantly, you will ensure that the customer is kept at the heart of all we do, ensuring communication for every job within your schedule. Working with both internal and external stakeholders you will assign work in Maximo appropriately, using service levels and priorities, maintaining contact with field teams to ensure assets are performing and our workflow is prioritised. You will also have the opportunity to participate in team meetings and deliver on performance measures relating to our ODIs and business priorities.
- Manage proactive and reactive resource demands into a balance and achievable schedule of works.
- Ensure customers are kept at the heart of all our works, with 100% timely communication, explaining the steps required to complete the necessary work to their satisfaction
- Manage our workflow, redistributing work according to priorities and service levels change to meet customer and business need
- Liaise with operational team leaders and teams to ensure feedback is provided on delivery and available capacity against demand.
- Jeopardy manage the workflow based on SLAs, with a sharp focus across all ODIs
- Identify opportunities to share / move resource across geographic boundaries to meet business need.
- Utilise the auto-scheduling tool to ensure SLAs are met and exceeded.
- Provide regular feedback to Works Planners and Operational Leads to ensure they are able to continuously improve their work practices and outputs.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and best practice, through successful problem solving and active daily stand-up participation.
The successful candidate will have a background in planning, forecasting and scheduling, as well as experience of working in a busy, dynamically changing environment. Demonstrated commitment to delivering high standards of customer service and attention to detail is essential, as well as excellent communication skills and the ability to translate messages across a broad range of stakeholders. You will be able to effectively plan, prioritise and escalate areas of concern in the appropriate manner, via the appropriate channels and be able to work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website .
To apply please forward your CV to:
Closing Date: 1st September 2021