IT Inventory Coordinator
Posted on Aug 27, 2021 by ESG Consulting
Assist ITIM personnel in the daily management of IT inventory intake, delivery, moves and upgrades of all KSU-tagged IT equipment including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, phones, A/V equipment, networking equipment, and other IT related equipment Complete Description: On-Site Work Possibility of extensions.
This person will only be required to work on the Kennesaw Campus.
They will be alternating work locations on the campus, based on need of support and mission requirements (10% travel). The chosen candidate will also have the "convenience" of travelling between work locations and utilizing campus transportation at no charge.
As required by law, if they are driving on campus to work with a POV, they will be required to have a valid driver's license, current vehicle registration, and valid car insurance.
Job duties & Responsibilities:
1. Updates service request and task progress in appropriate system(s)
2. Receive and evaluate new and returned IT equipment, assign asset tags as required, and ensure all equipment is updated in the UITS IT inventory and asset database(s)
3. Maintain accurate inventory records of all IT (to include computers, A/V equipment, networking equipment, etc.) inventory and assets received, stored, deployed, and retired
4. Responsible for affixing RFID tags to equipment for inventory and tracking purposes
5. Perform location maintenance to ensure that consumables and assets are not co-mingled, and are the proper location in within the Asset Management System of record
6. Assist Team with the organization and maintenance of the IT storerooms or warehouses
7. Accurately pulls stock and/or new items to fill parts list for upcoming installations and projects
8. Processes IT inventory surplus by following proper USG and DOAS procedures and accurately updating the IT inventory database
9. Maintains a neat and orderly working environment and files various IT inventory documents in accordance with ITOP processes
Required Experience: Two (2) years of related experience in warehousing, material storage, inventory processing, and asset management
Able to act as a customer advocate to continuously improve process responsiveness and customer service; Able to anticipate problems and proactively develop appropriate solutions; Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives; Able to handle multiple tasks at one time meeting assigned deadlines; Able to interface appropriately and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and grant sponsors
Self-starter with strong interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, and relationship building, along with an ability to translate between technical and functional teams; Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (ie Microsoft Office suite); Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
IT Inventory SupportRequired3Years
IT Inventory Control SystemsRequired2Years
MS Office (work, excel, etc.)Required2Years
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.