Senior C++ Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Aug 27, 2021 by Talis Clinical
Talis Clinical, LLC provides health technology supporting clinicians to impact patient safety and improve outcomes. The team at Talis Clinical is committed to developing technologies that provide enhanced safety and mitigation of adverse clinical events, while providing an intuitive, productive user experience.
We are a fast-paced organization with a culture orientated toward higher purpose outcomes and principles. This will be the most meaningful work you can do.
Full-Time, On-site, This position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. Only candidates authorized to work in the United States will be considered.
- Drive the next generation of our hardware and software platform.
- Work with other team members to develop overall system control strategy.
- Specify, design, and integrate control hardware, sensors, and actuators.
- Participate in the development of system requirements and specifications for hardware and software architecture.
- Schematic design and component selection
- PCB Design
- Circuit board prototyping, assembly, and testing
- Must have at least five years of ANSI C/C++ or C# programming experience developing software for Linux systems.
- Significant experience with the following:
- Linux Kernel and Kernel module development
- Linux driver development (eg wireless, network stack)
- Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management.
- Experience with communication protocols such as RS-232, USB
- Cross-compiling and porting
- Object Oriented Design
- UNIX Shell Scripting
- Network application development
- Distributed systems and network protocol development (TCP/IP)
- Experience in writing multithreaded high-performance code.
- Experience with message brokers such as ZMQ, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Writing clean code by following TDD techniques.
- Knowledge of Advanced Cisco Router/switch configuration/management
- Experience with Enclosures and their design
- Experience reviewing layouts/electronics schematics and mechanical diagrams.
- Experience with higher level languages such as C#, Python is a plus
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science, Masters or PhD preferred
Annual Salary Range/Benefits
- Please provide salary requirements with resume
- Major Health-Dental-Vision Insurance, 401K matching, Short Term Disability
- Great development environment